At Southwest, we want Church to be
Your Child’s Favorite Place!
Our children’s programs and activities are designed to encourage children with this important truth: God loves them and has a purpose for their lives. We aim to present the Gospel in age-appropriate ways so children have the opportunity to respond to the Gospel at an early age, and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. We want to help build a strong foundation that will help them face their future with the faith and confidence that God will lead them.
What will my child experience?
We surround your child with:
- caring teachers and children’s workers.
- Bible stories and Christian values taught at their level.
- games and activities that build character and reinforce learning.
- outings that encourage friendships.
- positive reinforcement for your family’s values.
What’s going on for children at Southwest?
We offer fun, acheivement-based programs:
During our 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning service, children have the opportunity to learn life skills and character development through the Royal Rangers for boys and MPact Club for girls. An annual awards ceremony each Fall, celebrates their accomplishments of the past year.
- For information about Royal Rangers, please contact Commander David Chapin.
- For information about MPact Girls Club, please contact Denise Rouse.
What about Sunday mornings?
Children’s Worship and Bible Training
During our 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning service, children in Kindergarten through 6th Grade have their own worship service.
BLAB (Bible Laboratory) is the current theme and ministry concept, utilizing interactive lessons that keep kids engaged and excited about learning God’s Word! The room is decorated as a science lab, and object lessons often incorporate science experiments. Lab coats, test tubes, goggles and more add to the fun atmosphere!