ALL GROUP MEETINGS AND WORSHIP SERVICES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL THE ALL-CLEAR IS GIVEN.
You will likely know already from news reports that the church has been restricted from meeting in sizable groups until the coronavirus is under control. All group meetings and worship services are suspended until we get the “all clear” to resume. Therefore, I wanted to touch base with you to let you know that while we are somewhat quarantined as a church, we will be connecting through online formats, by phone and small home gatherings, if possible.
This is a great time for the church to “be the church” without a building! As you interact with others –including on social media– please be considerate; guard your works and minister the grace of God in all situations.
Here are some ways that Southwest Assembly of God will be ministering in this time:
- Daily on-line devotionals that will be posted to the church website (southwestassemblyofgod.org), and you will receive a notification via email.
- We are working on a system to post a Sunday sermon online by video. Meanwhile, you can access sermons from the Southwest pulpit at southwestassemblyofgod.org/media/sermons.
- We recently created a Facebook Page (“Bible Chats”) that summarizes our weekly adult Bible Studies (Adult Sunday School). Our thanks to Connie Martin for posting these studies. Please add your comments, and we can have discussion – almost as if we were together in class. Link to Bible chats: https://www.facebook.com/Bible-Chats-109933637211429/?modal=admin_todo_tour
- We encourage you to connect with other members by phone. Share your prayer needs and check in on each other! We are also forming care groups to keep us connected!
- We will be posting daily on the church Facebook account, and invite you to share prayer needs and interact with the church body there. https://www.facebook.com/Southwest-Assembly-of-God-163059847170093/
- If you are comfortable with hosting a small fellowship group in your home, please let us know. These gatherings should be less than ten in attendance, social distance should be observed, and you should disinfect services before and after your gatherings. Gina and I will be opening our home after our quarantine time has passed.
We encourage you to be faithful to personal Bible study and prayer. in financial support, as our expenses and commitments to our missionaries continue. In addition to your tithes, please consider an additional offering to our benevolence and missions funds. Missionaries are hampered from fundraising travel (that funds their ministry), and some of our congregation members cannot work, so may be in need of assistance.